18 May Brussels will create a European «cloud»
Brussels will create a European «cloud». Brussels unveils its plan to boost the digital transformation in Europe. According to its strategy to create a Digital Single Market, the Commission has announced today their plans to help the industry, SMEs, researchers and European public authorities to take advantage of the new technologies. Includes investments over $ 50,000 million dollars to help to digitize the whole industry.
Within these plans, Brussels will create a European «cloud» that, as a first goal, will put in the hands of the 1.7 million researchers and 70 million science and technology professionals, a virtual environment to store, manage, analyze and reuse a lot of the research data.
The Commission presents twenty measures that must be implemented by the end of 2017, but in particular:
- will create a unique digital gateway that allows users to obtain all information, assistance and problem solving needed to work effectively across borders;
- It will interconnect all the commercial registers and records of insolvency and connect them to the portal e-Justice, which will become a one-stop shop;
- establish a pilot project with administrations that apply the principle of «once» for companies across borders; this means that companies must only submit their papers to the authorities in an EU country, even if they act in other country members;
- It will help EU Member States to develop cross-border services of eHealth, e-prescribing and the medical histories of patients;
- It will accelerate the transition to electronic procurement, electronic signature and the application of the principle of «one time only» in public procurement.
Read more: European «cloud».